Fire broke out at Coachella

A fire broke out during the first night of Coachella, with social media footage appearing to show a row of showers in the campground ablaze.

According to the Riverside County Fire Department, firefighters responded to reports of a “mobile shower unit” on fire not long after 2:00 a.m PST on Saturday morning. At 2:28 a.m., the department said that the fire was contained and no injuries were reported, though one trailer was destroyed.

News of the fire quickly spread on social media as music festivalgoers posted photos and videos of the blaze. “The water heater for the shower just exploded and caught fire at Coachella literally 10 mins before I got out…” one user wrote.

“Coachella just turned into a FIRE FEST. The showers just exploded!!” another said. A video posted on Twitter showed a man urging people to get away from the showers, yelling, “Back up, back up!”